YOU WILL BE SHOCKED BY THESE TOP 5 REASONS WHY I HATE CLICKBAIT!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Euchale, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Euchale

Euchale Crazy German Guy

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +729
    and before anybody asks, I picked the title on purpose.

I hate clickbait. There are several reasons for this.
    1. Clickbait, is just there to generate more clicks. It's in the name. So whenever you click on clickbait, not the article is the product, but you. Additionally this lead to shoddy "journalism" as researching a topic is not important.
    2. Most of clickbait is pointless lists with no real content. Stop bothering me.
    3. Clickbait is phrased in a way to stir up shit. This way you tell your people "look at what shit they wrote" and share the link around even more. This just leads to internet fights that help no one.
    4. Clickbait messes with your brain. It is phrased in a way so you just have to click on it. They particularly like titles that include the word "you" so you feel like, you are being personally addressed.
    5. Even if you don't like clickbait and try to avoid it like a pest, your stupid friends are still going to share it with you, so there is no escape. The way of coping with this is unfriending people on Facebook, that usually works.
    There is market for this, and I am happy for it existing on buzzfeed etc. but stop bothering me with it.

2. Crake

Crake ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I just unfollow people on Facebook and block those websites from showing up. Much better place now.

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tr1age

tr1age [Community Leader] Butterflies!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    Facebooks ads lately have been pretty good at getting me to click them lately. I kinda don't mind em as much. Specially when they suggest cool apps :)

4. Gyoin

Gyoin Over Analystical Extreme Gambler

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Actually I found some fun (temporary) games on the facebook app.

5. Passage

Passage Polychromatic

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I'm with you brother. The only free pass I give is to Upworthy.

6. sweetloaf

sweetloaf

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +137
    deleted facebook, world is a happier place for me now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Euchale

Euchale Crazy German Guy

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +729
    I would love to do that, but we organize our DnD over it. I try to not look at my wall though, and I police my friends, so if somebody is posting shit, I kick them out.