"In God We Trust"

Discussion in 'Rants' started by tr1age, Dec 3, 2015.

1. tr1age

tr1age [Community Leader] Butterflies!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    Wow... Go America. Take responsibility for something finally. Let me be clear I am not anti religion. But I think "In god we trust" should not be on currency. Nor should we look to God as a solution, we should be proactive. Sure use faith as a tool, but not as a crutch.

12347751_10100388567779538_3198449847950735839_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Simpwn

Simpwn Praise the Sun!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I saw this today and thought it was about time. Politicians use events like this to support their own agenda's but the fact of the matter is nothing is changing. I don't know what the correct answer is but I think it's clear that something needs to happen.

3. dainjre

dainjre Generously Compensated Establishment Provocateur

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,040
    Yeah... I'm thinking about getting my concealed carry licence.

4. Crake

Crake ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I could say a lot of this but I will refrain from getting into a whole big thing at the moment. It's a feel-good response designed to appeal to their voter pool. An evasive attempt to acknowledge the event while avoiding actually having to confront the issue. Things like this really push me further toward the conclusion that religion is in direct conflict with advancement as a society. I know this is an inflammatory statement, but I'll pray for your understanding in how I feel.

5. Cheese

Cheese

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Monotheistic = trouble
    Lack of hope = trouble
    End of an economic dynasty = oh shit

We got all three right now.

6. Euchale

Euchale Crazy German Guy

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +729
    The amazing atheist suggested that we should make a law labeling everybody who does a shooting a bad person. The argument might be that that doesn´t go far enough, but it´s still more than we have done so far...