TAB AMA TAB AMA: Milleuda - I play with joysticks! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself, Dog, Pet Rock...' started by Milleuda, May 1, 2015.

1. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hay ya’ll <3

I’m Jason (aka Milleuda, Milly, Millie, Miley if you are TopicTopic, or boo if you are dainjredainjre) and I’m a proud gaymer!

I was born and raised in Houston, Texas but moved to Chicago about 2 years ago for my career. I work in pharmacy management but hope my future (rich) prince charming will save me from the working middle class so I can play video games all day long!

There’s way too much for me to type in an intro (that’s why we use voice comms right?!). So instead I decided to draw my life for you! I’m looking forward to your questions, so AMA!

#1 Milleuda, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Crake

Crake ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I'll steal from a previous AMA - what was your first impression of me at the first get together?

When are you visiting NYC?

3. Passage

Passage Polychromatic

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Love the animation! Thank you much for the honest share. There are happy tears everywhere. I need a squeegee.

I had questions but I've forgotten them now.

Oh, is that actually you drawing?

• /Hug /Hug x 1
  4. Euchale

Euchale Crazy German Guy

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Whats your favorite German speech thing? I mean things like: A regional dialect or singing or rolling the R

5. PsionicFox

PsionicFox Future Man

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +271
    If you could go back to sixteen year old Jason, what advice would you give yourself?

6. Baldoraxx

Baldoraxx Internalizing Master Of Casual

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Good morning. Going to start off slow.

How are you and also who is your favorite X-Men?

7. Gyoin

Gyoin Over Analystical Extreme Gambler

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953

Me too! Do Me!

And did you get a little excited when I said "Do Me"?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Kinky Kinky x 1
  8. dainjre

dainjre Generously Compensated Establishment Provocateur

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,040
    Did anyone in Texas try to "pray the gay away" for you?

9. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    I remember thinking that you were skinnier and taller than I had imagined. I'm not sure why, but I thought you would have more weight on you!

I'm hoping to fit in NYC this fall. It all just depends on what happens with my vacation time between Vegas and a wedding I have to go to. Stay tuned!
    Yes, that is actually me drawing. It ended up taking me an hour to get everything drawn out. I had a general idea of the sequence, but then the voice narration took another hour to do.

I'm an awful artist but figured it would be fun!

10. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    I love the way German sounds. I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I love how masculine it sounds. To me, it's just harsher sounding than some of the other "flowery" languages (think: Spanish or French).

I also used to follow this gay couple on a German soap opera called Verbotene Liebe and I absolutely loved listening to them speak. Someone on YouTube used to publish videos of the couple with English subtitles.

11. Keleynal

Keleynal Jesus Freak

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +998
    Fun fact- My daughter's name is Millie, but it's a nickname for Melisa.

In your opinion, what is the best video game of all time?

12. Passage

Passage Polychromatic

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +281
    As a pharmacist, what are your thoughts on medical marijuana?

13. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Wow, this is a good one.

I'd probably start by saying the only opinion that matters is your own... spend less energy worrying about what other people think.

At that age, I had the idea that I "needed" someone in my life to complete me and make me happy, which was the wrong way to look at happiness. Now, I would say to spend time creating a life that you love and be happy by yourself. That way, when you fall in love with someone, it's because you are happy and want to share your life with them instead of relying on them for your happiness.

14. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    At this moment, I am good! Just watched the new Avengers movie with my friends and am winding down for the night.

My favorite X-Man has changed over the years. When I started watching the Saturday morning cartoons, my favorite was Rogue. Part of it was her strength, and the other part was that I related to her loneliness. She was afraid to get close to someone because of the potential harm, and I related to that because I was afraid to get close to anyone for fear of them discovering who I really was.

As I got older and more mature, I shifted to loving Jean Grey / Phoenix because I love telekinesis as a power. It's just awesome.
    LOL GyoinGyoin you always excite me <3

My first impression of you: "aww, he's a big teddy bear and I wanna hug him."

15. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Yep... both of my parents.

After I came out, my mom actually wouldn't talk to me for 6 months. She was devastated by the news and didn't know how to handle it.

My dad actually threatened to send me away to a program to "fix me." Fortunately for me, my parents are awful at follow-through so none of that ever happened.

They didn't accept my homosexuality until I graduated from high school and moved out of the house. I think part of it was that they missed me and knew that I would be the child to ultimately take care of them when they got old, so they NEEDED me in their lives. A part of me still believes they aren't totally ok with it, but like I said, they rely on me financially so they keep me around.

Also, to be fair, it took me 17 years to accept it for myself, so it was unrealistic for me to think they would be ok with it in a short amount of time. We grew up as a very conservative family, so I think they needed time to process it and accept it as fact.

• /Hug /Hug x 3
  16. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Aww that's adorable.

My forum name is actually a minor character from my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a tactical role-playing game on the PS1.

The story is actually very deep (very Game of Thrones-ish) and it was the first game that introduced me to the job/class system that I love in modern-day MMORPG's.

I am pretty sure I have played through this game at least 20 times growing up!

17. dainjre

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,040
    Thanks for sharing that. I am always curious how families deal with that because I'm so accepting of it. I know my dad would absolutely shit a brick though if I was gay. Anyway!! Who's your favorite Disney princess?

18. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Oh the controversy.

Professionally, I am obligated to be against it. Federal law actually prohibits its use, and even if a state legalizes it, we are supposed to follow the most restrictive law (in this case, Federal law is more strict).

Personally, I think if we taxed it appropriately and legalized it, we could reinvest the money into fixing things like public schools, welfare programs, and other public health initiatives. There are worse things out there than marijuana and we spend way too much time and energy policing it.

edit: I also realized you asked me for my opinion on "medical marijuana", since my original answer was more focused on legalization of marijuana.

The literature is pretty sparse on marijuana for medical use, yet some physicians will swear by its effectiveness. I am skeptical of its actual place in therapy based on what I have read about it. I don't have much experience with it in the hospital setting so I can't comment on it from that perspective. Quite honestly, there are medications approved by the FDA for every indication I saw.

19. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Yea, I'm pretty sure lots of parents would still not be ok with it. I was talking to one of my friends the other day, and we decided our parents' generation would need to die off before we could get equality in this country. Sad, but true.

Disney princess! If you count Ariel as a princess, then she would be my favorite. I think it's mostly because The Little Mermaid was the first Disney movie I ever watched, and your "first" always has a special place in your heart.

If Ariel is not a qualifying Disney princess, then Cinderella is my choice. To this day, I still dream that my Prince Charming will save me and we will live happily ever after. I know it's sappy, but I can't help it :)

Plus, glass slippers. I'd love to rock those.

20. dainjre

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,040
    Ariel definitely counts and is the correct answer.

• Like Like x 1