Remembering 9/11

Discussion in 'All The Things' started by Milleuda, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Milleuda

Milleuda Mother Hen

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +632
    As I was filtering through my email like I usually do every morning, I came across an email titled "Remembering 9/11".

It was from a drug rep, which usually gets an immediate delete, but as soon as I opened it there was a beautiful picture of the New York skyline.

I was in high school when all of this was happening, and amidst all of the Thursday morning craziness I took a moment to pause and remember.

Let's make our raid tonight a good one <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • /Cheers /Cheers x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Gyoin

Gyoin Over Analystical Extreme Gambler

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    It's crazy to think 13 years ago I was a Freshman in high school when the whole thing happened. I think everyone of us will remember that day, just as our parents/grandparents will remember the moon landing, JFK getting shot, and pearl harbor. Those giant events that you will tell your children as they get older.

Aaaand my eyes have started watering just from the powerful emotions from that day.

3. Drae

Drae

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I too was in High School when this happened.

Heard sirens blaring for about 45 minutes straight. Just fire trucks constantly driving by, Police Cars, EMT's everything the city had. I was in Spanish class when I was called to the main office to be picked up by my dad. He just told me that we had to go home. Couldn't believe what I saw when I got home. I could see the smoke coming from Manhattan from my attic window. That's how high it was.

My freshman year of College I worked at a company who lost their offices in Tower 1. The company I work for now after college had lost their offices as well. All I hear are stories about how if they were a little early that day they would have been stuck in the towers.

All this time has past and people still talk about it like it just happened.

Have a good raid tonight team.

4. Baldoraxx

Baldoraxx Internalizing Master Of Casual

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +403
    I was a youngin when this happened.... shhh don't tell anyone my real age.

I was home from school that day, wasn't really into politics or world and was in my own little world. I never really felt anything when people told me this stuff since it seemed so far away. A few years later as i started to branch out of my own little world i took a visit to Ground Zero. It hit me then the tragedy that took place that day. I pray every 9/11 for those who lost their lives and those who survived.

Go out there tonight and have a great raid. Demolish the enemy!

5. NeverSayNo Panda

NeverSayNo Panda

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +124
    I was only 8 years old when this happened living in New Zealand. I remember waking up in the morning confused why my parents hadn't woken me up for school, so i walked to the living room and saw my mum and dad sitting in front of the tv watching news. I will never forget that image as it was the first and only time i've seen my dad cry, I was too young to truly understand what had happened but just seeing that i knew something was wrong. No one went to school that day.

That event spanned continents and affected everyone, American or not and will never and should never be forgotten..

6. Simpwn

Simpwn Praise the Sun!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +407
    Senior in high school. We had actually been watching something in class (can't remember what) but someone came into the classroom and told us to change the channel to show the news. We ended up watching the news for a few hours before the school decided to send us all home early.

I can remember the first thing I did was call my parents, making sure for whatever reason they weren't in NYC. It was so frightening even for the next couple of days because you never knew if someone else would happen. Scary day for the country and the world.

7. Drae

Drae

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +13

Yeah the whole time we were like where are they gonna attack next and are there any more planes in the air. It was a crazy time. I remember I was extremely frustrated because every teacher was like in grieving mode and trying to help the students with their grieving. Being 14 at the time I was like um...can I just learn Math. Instead of write a paragraph on my feelings.

I'm still talking about it these days...

8. Passage

Passage Polychromatic

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I was just out of high school when this happened. I turned on the news and couldn't believe it was the news. I had never felt vulnerable in that way before, and I can still the replay the many angles of footage in my head. And the jumpers. God... It's crazy to think how often this happens in other parts of the world. I have family in places that are subject to rocket attacks on the regular. I can't even bring myself to visit them. Many Americans dislike our country for XYZ reason, but as messed up we are, there still isn't any place I'd rather live. It's sad that despite that this, I still feel it's the safest.